I am a patent expert with a long-standing experience as a patent examiner in the field of medical technology. I have a strong multi-disciplinary background in medical engineering, electronics and acoustics. In my daily work, I am involved in solving complex technical and legal problems. Thereby, I have further developed my expertise in the related technical fields, as well as acquired a comprehensive knowledge of the legal aspects of intellectual property.
While my main professional interests are focused on patent prosecution, patent information and patent law, my outside interests include patent informatics and the history of Industrial property rights.
I have various hobbies and personal interests ranging from hacking and making software and hardware things to running trails and ultra-distances.
- Concluding patent examination from search to post-grant proceedings in the field of medical technology, especially in the fields of devices for treatment and surgery of ear conditions, implantable hearing devices, middle ear implants, and hearing protection devices, as well as in the fields of vascular and endovascular implants, artificial heart valves, hernia meshes, tendon and ligament reconstruction, implantable anti-incontinence devices, mammary implants, and cosmetic implants.
- Creating and maintaining patent classification systems.
- Hearing tests, hearing aid fitting, making of custom earmoulds for hearing aids, making of custom-made hearing aids, and hearing aid repair.
- Technical support to audiologists and hearing instrument specialists on hearing aids, cochlear implants, and audiology equipment.
- Acoustic measurements.
- Sound system design and installation.
- Hearing aid fitting, making of custom earmoulds for hearing aids, and hearing aid repair.
- The doctoral studies in Medical Engineering and Medical Physics consisted of theoretical courses and scientific research. The courses provided with deep insights into the research methods and methodology in both medical engineering and medical physics. The aim of the individual research project was the development of new methods for the measurement and analysis of evoked otoacoustic emissions.
- The studies included a two-semester research fellowship at the University of Applied Sciences Wismar in Germany.
- The postgraduate programme in Medical Engineering and Medical Physics was an interdisciplinary programme covering both medical engineering and medical physics disciplines. The curriculum provided advanced knowledge in engineering and physics, as well as in medicine.
- Master thesis title: “Compensation of psychoacoustic hearing disorders”.
- Engineering project title: “Hearing aid design and manufacturing”.
- The undergraduate programme in Medical Engineering and Medical Physics was an interdisciplinary programme covering both medical engineering and medical physics disciplines. The curriculum provided a comprehensive foundation in engineering and physics, as well as in medicine.
- Thesis title: “Measurement of acoustic impedance of the human middle ear”.
- The studies included a semester-long student research fellowship at the University of Applied Sciences Wismar in Germany.
- Riga Radio Electronic Equipment Vocational School (nowadays called Riga Technical College) provided both secondary education and vocational training. The curriculum covered subjects required by the general secondary education as well as subjects related to design and manufacturing of radio-electronic instrumentation.
- Diploma project title: “Power supply design and manufacturing”.